This script was an experiment inspired by a discussion on an InDesign LinkedIn group. I am posting a zip file that contains:
1. An InDesign file (in IDML) explaining the requirements for using the quiz maker along with some quiz questions.
2. A script-generated pdf file based on the InDesign file with the completed quiz.
3. An ExtendScript file used to create the pdf from the example InDesign file.
4. An Acrobat 10 Action file used to finish the creation of the quiz functionality in the pdf file.
Creating a quiz is a two-step process:
1. Running a script in InDesign which makes some temporary changes to the active document and then prompts the user to export an interactive pdf.
2. Running an Acrobat Action on the pdf created in step 1.
The script was briefly tested in InDesign 5.0 and 5.5 on the Mac. The Acrobat Action requires Acrobat 10.
The script is made available on an “AS IS” basis with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied.